That’s it! I’m done! I still have to stay up for another 8 hours so my sleeping pattern doesn’t get screwed over (and I have an Artist’s way meet-up with friends tonight) so there’s still a challenge for me! I will do a short nap for the sake of my sanity, because I’m dissociating a bit because of the lack of sleep. I actually finished my Artist’s way assignments too (well, most of them anyway) and repotted my plants! Sunflower is on my banister now, and I moved the two bigger cherry tomato plants indoors so they can continue to grow.
There were other things I planned to do today, but some maintenance is going on on my bank’s website so I can’t get to my money, so that’s a fail. (I needed to buy stuff first :razz:).
I read 3.5 books. Well -tries to do math- 3.2 … 3.16, thank Google for the last one XD Now, why isn’t that 3.14? 🙁
My OCD is happy to inform you I’ve read a total of 750 pages! I (re-)started in ‘Twelve wild swans’, but it’s a do-book, so not something you read through. I cheated a bit with The Hobbit, because I changed to audiobook. Turns out that made me very happy because my body hurt from reading all the time, comes with the fibromyalgia.
Pointers for the next read-a-thon
- Prep some blogposts, only go on twitter ones an hour. I got majorly distracted by many awesome people! I spent more time ‘reading the internet’ than reading books! 😆
- FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR GODS AND GODDESSES DON’T FORGET TO BUY COFFEE! I did. Silly, silly me.
- Start with the ‘hard’ book, meaning leave the easy read for the hard moments.
- Anticipate all the cravings! And share some recipes 😀
- Get a bathtub so you can soothe your muscles AND read at the same time!
- 4 am is hardest! (I usually fall asleep around 3.30)
- Gummibears are my cheerful colorful friends. Which makes it difficult to eat them XD)
That’s all, really. Really only the coffee and internet-planning, the rest I knew beforehand. Ok, I knew the coffee, it just didn’t occur to me that _I_ could be out of coffee. Aww. Silly me. (EDDIE IZZARD!)
I will just hang on my couch with some English breakfast tea and..Dunno. Sit. Allow myself a short nap. I will be picked up at 19.00, have lots of time!
I might even watch Practical Magic after that mini-challenge!
I actually answered these in my own summary, but the End of Event meme questions!
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Which book did you enjoy most?
- Which did you enjoy least?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
4 am. I took a nap eventually.
No idea! My brain is so much fuzz right now! 😆
Get twitter to stop jailing you! And maybe make a mini-challenge master list, like bloggiesta.
Cheerleaders and chatting on twitter!
‘The Topping book’, ‘Practical Magic’, ‘The Hobbit’ and started ‘Twelve wild swans’
Practical Magic, mainly because it was a new read, besides a fun story!
For a read-a-thon, Twelve wild swans. A good book, but meant to work through over a course of weeks.
Cheer the cheerleaders people!
YES! I would read and would be perfectly happy if I could host (a mini-challenge).