- Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
- Most definitely! I might even like to host/captain. I’m on twitter constantly anyway!
Around 10-12pm, surprisingly! But I had been up since 4.30PM Friday!
Hm..I’ll get back to that when my cognitive functioning is restored!
Assign team members for website maintenance. Dead links, link-ups, comments on the website. A standard/main website cheerleaders page (with log-in for ‘team communication’?) Lighten the current hosts’s burden!
Another thing is the challenge schedule. The last-minute-system makes it hard to schedule and plan ahead. Knowing all of the challenges might ruin the surprise, but my girlfriend had a great idea! Blocks! Share them in blocks and announce the challenges for the next three hours. Having all the challenge-posts ready a few days ahead of time will also save a lot of stress for those organizing 😉 And I have few suggestions for the website too! But I think I can better mail those ^_^
As per usual: The community! I’ve seen a lot of comments and motivation on twitter and blogs, from cheerleaders, readers and even non-participants! I also think the team-captains were a great idea.
None! Full time cheering! *o/* I will have an afterparty 😛 (It’s a thing! 😆 )
Make a (bookmark) list of blogs to visit, and check off where you have been by either checking (workflowy is awesome!) or moving the bookmark to a ‘visited’ folder. Keeping track! 😀 And plan on when you want to cheer, make a schedule if you want to read too. And stick to it! It’s so much fun, but you might end up not reading if you don’t. (^_^;) And SLEEP before the read-a-thon!
That’s it folks, it has been a pleasure. Love you all! Until April! (or other events!) o/
I’ll be hosting a challenge next month! Turns out a lot of you biblioklepts have books on your shelf that aren’t yours! It’ll be ‘Not your book November!’ #notyourbook I’ll announce it after my week of hibernation-to-catch-up-sleep!