Dewey’s 24 hour read-a-thon april 2014 challenges and events Hour 12-23!
Already over half! Wow! Where did the – oh wait I was sleeping. 🙄 Back to it!
Hour 12: Midway-survey!
- What are you reading right now?
- How many books have you read so far?
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
- Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
- Are you getting tired yet?
- Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I just finished Ronald Giphart’s “Heblust” and am reading in “Extremely loud and incredibly close” which I ADORE. I’ve been read 3 fairy tales (yes, you read that right >:3) and will either read another short story or continue in ELaIC.
1 tiny one. (46 pages) + 10 pages.
So many! ELaIC, “The Tao of Pooh” and “Gypsy Boy: One Boy’s Struggle To Escape From A Secret World”.
Not sure if this is technically preparing to free up, but we did divide and conquer things by combining it with Ingrid’s birthday party! 😀
Plenty. Mostly by myself. Overslept, didn’t finish my challenge, finish preparing my posts…I was a mess, basically. I dealt with those by stepping away – and asking for help from my friends here =) (Heya! o/)
I’m..actually Reading! And doing challenges! And ok when I decided to not do them! And barely on twitter! And reading!
As suggested before, put out a list of the hourly challenges with a brief description so people can decide ahead of time if they want to participate. Saves a lot of checking, searching and pondering – not to mention missing out on things because you don’t check hourly – and leaving time to read! 😀
Not oversleep. And plan! And use the templates! (Basically what I’ve been doing, but ruined by my oversleeping!)
Slightly, but I can feel that second wind coming! Which is a good thing, because I’m hosting soon! 😀
Templates. Frikking post templates. :p And twitter lists! And naps. 20 minutes every 4 hours, uberman style.
The hour 13 challenge: Bookblending
hosted by Ana from “things mean a lot”
Inspired by Corpus Libris and by this Pinterest board, I’m inviting you to take a Book Blending photo of yourself. Then all you have to do is post, instagram, tweet, or share it via the social media channel of your choice, and drop me a comment with a link so you can be entered to win a book of your choice up to $15/€12/£10 from The Book Depository (open worldwide).
This is the right website for anybody who really wants to find out about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need toÖHaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic that has been written about for many years. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!